Edworthy Park, Calgary
I feel like my schedule has been jam-packed lately... and not that it's a bad thing either, because it's definitely not! I love it! I have been working hard, and I hope you guys love everything I'm putting out there. I don't pick up anything unless I am passionate about it, so when I'm working on a project you know it's one I love and a have put my all into.
This collaboration was especially meaningful to me, not only because everything bridal makes me cry, but because the other girls involved (the beautiful ones in photos above) also have a special place in my heart. Both Ashley Nesbitt (stylist and lifestyle blogger from Oh, Hello Lovely) and Chloe Buie (photographer at Chloe Photo) are dear high school friends of mine. We all went to Crescent Heights here in Calgary and I haven't seen either of them in quite a while, so this collaboration felt just like a reunion. As Chloe said perfectly in one of her posts earlier this week "Who would have thought 8 years after High School, we'd be here, together, doing what we love, collaborating."
Not only was I blessed with the presence of a few old friends, I was also able to bring my best friend Missy, and her team from Salon Luminous, on board for hair. I also met a few new girls who were perfect models and so much fun to work with, and although I did not meet them we also had many others who contributed to making this shoot such a success including Flowers by Janie, Novia Mia Bridal, Pearl and Dot, Ed Williams Men's Wear, Orange Trunk and Chair Flair!
These are just a few of the behind the scenes photos, but I am sure you can already tell how magical the shoot was from them alone. If you're already floored just wait until you see the rest! The professional edits are soon to follow! Stay tuned!
Law Society of Alberta
This is just a quick post to share a few behind the scenes photos from a beautiful bunch I was fortunate enough to do corporate makeup for. Seriously though, they were all so stunning they barely need me on site!
I believe most of their photos are for internal use only, but I did get permission from a few of these lovely lawyers to add their gorgeous faces to my portfolio, which I plan to do as soon as the photos are ready. I had such a great time pampering them, and I can't thank them enough for inviting into their firm for two days!
If you are a corporation considering makeup for upcoming pass card ID's, your website, business cards, or brochures please check the Service section of my website for rates!
I'm a little behind on posts lately, but better late posting than never. If you follow me on my other social media sites you have most likely seen these photos already. If not you're missing out ;) Anyways, as you may or may not know I have recently been dabbling into modelling in addition to doing makeup. I have worked with Andre a number of times now, but outside of my professional head shots I have always been on the other side of the camera doing makeup. This time I went to do Alishia's makeup for her modelling shots, and to model myself as well. She happens to be a good friend of mine, so it was nice to have her there for support. There is no better feeling that sharing an experience with a friend (or two in this case as I consider both Andre and Alisha good friends) who are just as passionate as you are!
I am super excited about this shoot, and I love the photos that I have seen so far. I can't wait to get them back and share them with the rest of you. Stay tuned!
Cut Crease Tutorial
1. Using your fingers dab on a small amount of @smashnbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
2. Apply @makeupforeverofficial Ultra HD Foundation
3. Using your fingers apply @makeupforeverofficial Camouflage Cream Palette
4. Set concealed areas with @lauramercier "Translucent" Loose Setting Powder
5. Contour using @katvondbeauty Shade + Light Palette
6. Apply @narsissist "Sin" blush
7. Apply @beccacosmetics "Pearl" highlight
1. Sculpt and define using @nyxcosmetics Micro Brow Pencil
2. Fill and set using @anastasiabeverlyhills Brow Powder Duo
1. Using @mannymua733 x @makeupgeekcosmetics draw a cut crease and blend upward from the top of it using “Aphrodite”, use the same color to smoke out the lower lash line, apply “Artemis” shadow to the lid, brow bone and inner ducts, pat a light layer of “Luna” on top of the lid for shimmer.
2. Apply @rimmellondoncan "Black" gel eyeliner
3. Apply @newyorkcolorcan Lovatics by Demi mascara
4. Using Duo Lash Glue apply @velourlashesofficial "Trust Me, Try It” lashes
1. Apply @doseofcolors "Berry Me" liquid lipstick
1. Put on @powderroomd “Silver Vamp” lace front wig
2. I used my @mikasabeauty Lemon Drop Sponge & brush set to achieve this look. Order and save 15% with code Hailey15 at checkout.
Thanks again for visiting. I hope you found this tutorial helpful.